Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Awesome Sister-In-Law...the writer, Kathy Clark

This poem sums up everything I love about my Clark family. The last stanza takes my breath away, because that sums up everything that is pure and beautiful about them...

As dad said after mom died,
It was nothing
But it was everything

Kathy is such a prolific, graceful writer.  She grabs hold of a simple subject and brings out the beauty and depth that is there.  Her command of the language and it's nuances is amazing.  I look forward to her daily entries


Phone Home
I know I can't stop by the house
Like I use to.
I don't think the new owner
Would let me sit in his living room
And watch Jeopardy.

But I think of all the times
I'd head home tired after school
And pause at the corner
Heart winning out over head
And taking the turn to mom and dad's

Dad would solve the world's problems
From his chair in the corner
And ask about my students.
Mom would sit cross legged
With a book in her lap
And we'd watch TV.

As dad said after mom died,
It was nothing
But it was everything.

Love those words.  Isn't that pure bliss on memory lane????????????

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words and for getting me started on this. I love having this outlet! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete