Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Good things I've come across recently.....

Art:
Laura Toth traded paintings (Alary's) with me and I am ecstatic! Look at her work below. Superb and strong.
I am blessed to have met her, her partner and her work.

Still Winter
Reading:
The Art of Fielding by Chadharbach.  I don't want it to end.  How can this be his first novel?  Simply brilliant!

Miriam - Truman Capote: eerie and freaky
Sonny's Blues - James Baldwin: what great music is all about
Young Goodman Browne -Hawthorne: witchy story from waaaaaay back

Lord of the Flies - Golding : still haunts me
Barn Burning - Faulkner: so glad I did not love in those times

Movies - 1961 Lord of the Flies - Golding: true to the tale
               Truman Capote's Miriam
               Children's March - Teaching Tolerance

Candy Land - My kids, students, family all love it here!  I am partial to the St Paul store on Wabasha Ave.  I love their cashew, peanut and pecan nuts - hot, meaty, salty...DELICIOUS!  Oh and their popcorn..once you start, you cannot stop eating it.
Downtown St. Paul
Hours: M-Sat. 8:30 AM-10 PM, Sun. 10 AM-9 PM
435 Wabasha St N • St. Paul
651-292-1191


Love my Love, but Love was having a bad choice day........and then you have to pay for your choices.









No comments:

Post a Comment